To be outstanding – get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
The CrossFit Open is an opportunity to get UNCOMFORTABLE!
For 5 weeks you’ll test your physical and mental abilities with the entire gym present!
This might be something you’ve never done before and you might be telling yourself NO WAY! But, you will have a blast and surprise yourself with this odd ability to do movements or weight you have never been able to do.
The Open is an annual event the entire world competes in and is a great way to test your current fitness level/ability! If you decided to sign up “OFFICIALLY” on Crossfitgames.com you’ll be asked to pay a $20 fee. After each workout, you’ll add your score to the leaderboard on their site and be ranked with the thousands of others signed up! You DO NOT need to sign up to attend our FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!
For those who’ve experienced our FNL, you’ll get that same setup, feeling, and family/friends cheering you on!
We do have some changes!
- We will NOT be running an “intramural team” this season.
- The first weekend will be a “BARBELL FOR BOOBS” fundraiser! The gym and hopefully everyone else will be drenched in PINK!
- Weeks 2, 3, and 4 will have no theme but encouraged to wear your favorite CCF gear!
- Last week we’ll be getting loud with NEON bright colors! Also ending that Friday with our traditional BBQ potluck hangout night!
WHY should you attend and compete in the OPEN?
- It’s FUN !!!
- CHALLENGING !!!
- A great way to meet other members from other classes!
- Invite family and friends to show off. You work hard so it’s nice to flaunt sometimes! 🙂
- You won’t be last OR first!
- Because we grow through uncomfortable/tough times and who doesn’t want to be better!
- You’ll see your coach sweat and have an opportunity to yell at them like they do in class!